Title: Wild, Wild Weather
ISBN: 978 1 74148 670 4
Topic: Survival and Safety
Middle Primary B/Set 3
Description: Every day somewhere in the world people’s lives are thrown into chaos by wild weather, as tornadoes and cyclones rage across the land and blizzards bring freezing rains. What should you do when wild weather comes your way? Read Wild, Wild Weather to find out.
- Understanding that the earth’s weather can be violent and destructive. Wild weather events can have devastating effects on people’s lives.
- Accurately predicting extreme weather events is crucial to the safety and wellbeing of people. When wild weather is likely people need to know what to do to stay safe.
Curriculum links: Earth science/Natural science
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know?
- Think about…
- Satellite images
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Posing questions
- Synthesising information from the body text with other information on the page
- Understanding first person recounts
- Interpreting world maps using keys
- Interpreting information related to a world map