Title: Who Are You?
ISBN: 978 1 74148 797 8
Upper Primary/Set 1
Description: Do you know who you are? It might seem like a simple question, but the more you think about it, the more complicated it is to answer. Who Are You? looks at all the aspects of our lives that come together to shape us and make us who we are.
- Personal identity is shaped by one’s culture, by groups and by institutional influences.
- Examining the influences on how people learn, behave, grow and meet their basic needs in a variety of contexts.
- Understanding the relationships between social norms and personal identities, social processes that influence identity and the ethics of individual action.
Curriculum links: Study of Society/Culture
Text types in this book
- Report: Question and answer
- Biographical recount
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Think about… boxes
- Fact boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Creating and articulating their visual images of the text to assist with comprehension
- Monitoring own comprehension when reading – identifying when the text no longer makes sense and what portion of the text led to comprehension difficulties
- Relating the text to personal experiences