ISBN: 978 1 74148 804 3
Upper Primary/Set 3
Description: Are you brave enough to visit wetlands where crocodiles are known to lurk? Instead, you can do it by reading Wetlands, where you’ll learn what a wetland is and what kinds of animals and plants survive there. You will also find that wetlands are in danger and need protecting.
- Wetlands are complex ecosystems that perform a variety of functions of vital importance.
- Structures of living things are adapted to their function in specific environments.
- Living organisms depend on each other and the environment.
- Human activity has impacted severely on the health of wetlands and their wildlife.
- Many individuals, groups and organisations have taken conservation action to protect wetlands.
Curriculum links: Natural science/Study of society
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Food chain
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact file boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Making connections between personal experiences and the text
- Making connections between chapters and widely separated sections of the text
- Using text context to predict unknown/unfamiliar words