Title: The Salmon Stream
ISBN: 978 1 74148 796 1
Upper Primary/Set 1
Description: Find out about the amazing journey salmon make as they travel from the sea up freshwater streams and waterfalls to breed. Also discover how brown bears, one of the salmon’s major predators, live, and how these animals’ lives fit together in the environment they share by reading The Salmon Stream.
- All animals are different and have different life cycles.
- An ecosystem is a whole community of living things that depend on each other for survival.
- Tourism needs to be managed to lessen the human impact on wilderness areas.
Curriculum links: Natural science/Study of society
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Data boxes
- Life cycle
Reading and thinking strategies
- Predicting and confirming
- Activating background knowledge about the topic
- Critical thinking and response
- Drawing conclusions using evidence from the text
- Comparing and contrasting different points of view