Title: The Earth, the Sun and the Moon
ISBN: 978 1 74148 799 2
Upper Primary/Set 1
Description: We can see the sun on any fine day, but how is it important to us? Read The Earth, the Sun and the Moon to find out this and more. You will discover how the moon and the sun help support life on Earth and what would happen without them.
- The sun, the moon and Earth all have properties, locations and movements that can be observed.
- The sun provides the light and heat necessary to maintain the temperature of Earth.
- The relationship between the sun, Earth and the moon is necessary to ensure our survival.
- Learning more about this relationship helps us to understand more about how life on Earth is possible.
Curriculum links: Earth science/Technology/Geography
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact boxes
- Activity boxes
- Flow charts
Reading and thinking strategies
- Generating personal questions to clarify the text
- Applying and articulating a variety of “fix up” strategies when students experience difficulties
- Connecting background knowledge (schema) to the information in the text
- Retelling information in their own words
- Identifying key ideas and supporting details
- Reading diagrams