Title: The Coral Reef
ISBN: 978 1 74148 651 3
Topic: Relationships, Roles, Responsibilities
Middle Primary A/Set 2
Description: Coral reefs are places of amazing diversity, where thousands of different animals and plants struggle for survival every day. Find out about different animals’ relationships with the reef and explore the impact of humans on the reef as well.
- Coral reefs contain hundreds of different types of coral and are home to thousands of sea creatures.
- Coral reefs are some of the most complex habitats on earth. Yet despite their size, coral reefs are fragile environments.
Curriculum links: Natural science
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Question and answer
- Specialised vocabulary
- Diary entry
- Think about…
- Did you know?
- Graphic organiser
- Food web
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Reading flow charts
- Recognising the difference between questions and statements
- Reading with fluency and accuracy
- Recalling text information
- Using information in the text to explain why coral reefs are important