Title: Talented Animals
ISBN: 978 1 74148 659 9
Topic: Tools and Talents
Middle Primary B/Set 1
Description: Have you ever wondered why some animals have huge ears or eyes or noses, or why some have hard beaks? Read this book to find out! Talented Animals will tell you some of the many incredible ways in which animals make use of special tools and talents to move, communicate and find food.
Animals come in many different shapes and sizes and they have different talents and skills. Their special characteristics help them survive in their environment.
Curriculum links: Natural science
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Fact boxes
- Specialised vocabulary
- Table of contents
- Did you know?
- Thinking like a scientist
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Comparing and contrasting information
- Reading tables and maps
- Explaining the main purpose of the text
- Rereading to restore meaning if a text doesn’t make sense and explaining strategies used
- Using knowledge of print conventions, such as capitalisation, semicolons, commas and full stops to construct meaning