Title: Sharing The Environment
ISBN: 978 1 74148 806 7
Upper Primary/Set 3
Description: The natural environment is changing because of what people do, and this is putting huge pressures on the animals that live there. Read Sharing the Environment to discover what people are doing to help these animals, and how people can live in harmony with animals that share their environment.
- Human activity has impacted severely on the availability of some animals’ habitats.
- Animals need specific habitats to survive.
- Living organisms depend on each other and the environment.
- Many individuals, groups and organisations have developed particular environments to save animals from extinction.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Natural science
Text types in this book
- Newspaper report
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Using details in photographs and visual text tools to support understanding of the text
- Supporting text discussions with evidence from the text
- Summarising information
- Reading with fluency
- Identifying cause and effect