Title: Place We Call Home
ISBN: 978 1 74148 664 3
Topic: Homes and Shelters
Middle Primary B/Set 2
Description: Places We Call Home takes you on a journey around the world, to see how other people live. This book will help you to find out what makes a house a home, and what is being done to help people who have no homes.
- How the location of particular places helps us to understand their unique characteristics.
- That there are many factors that give particular places the characteristics that make them what they are.
- Understanding that everyone has the right to a home.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Technology/Culture
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Specialised vocabulary
- Malay words
- Table of contents
- Did you know?
- Fact boxes
- Think about…
- Thinking about where we live
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Predicting/confirming strategies
- Reading diagrams
- Using the information in photographs to extend knowledge
- Responding to the book sensitively when discussing issues with others
- Using a range of strategies when constructing meaning from the text. For example, self-correcting, rereading, slowing down, sub-vocalising