Title: Pedal Power
ISBN: 978 1 74148 658 2
Topic: Change and Continuity
Middle Primary A/Set 3
Description: Do you like to ride bikes? In Pedal Power you can find out why people ride bikes. You can also find out about the kinds of bikes they ride and the different ways they ride them. You can learn about people who ride bikes for a living and you can even learn how to ride a unicycle!
- Energy can cause movement.
- Energy cannot be made or lost but it can change from one form to another.
- Energy causes all kinds of changes in living and nonliving things.
Curriculum links: Science/Technology
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know?
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Using both photographs and captions to discover information about the topic
- Checking a range of information on the page to assist with problem solving
- Representing information in the text in a different form
- Relating information in the text to personal experiences