Title: News Travels Quickly
ISBN: 978 1 74148 801 2
Upper Primary/Set 2
Description: How does the news get to you? News Travels Quickly explores the many ways news is gathered and reported around the world every day. This book also looks at the people behind the scenes, the decisions that are made and the technology involved in bringing the news straight to you.
- People communicate what happens in the world through stories.
- Reported stories take many forms, such as newspapers and magazines, television, radio and the Internet.
- People work cooperatively on specific jobs and tasks in order to report the news.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Technology
Text types in this book
- Factual recount
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Think about… boxes
- Think like a reporter box
- Try this activity boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Activating personal schema
- Locating the main idea and key information in the text
- Drawing conclusions from text information
- Researching information
- Reading with purpose: skim reading