Title: Looking After Our World
ISBN: 978 1 74148 654 4
Topic: Relationships, Roles, Responsibilities
Middle Primary A/Set 2
Description: Looking After Our World will take you on an amazing journey to some of the world’s most spectacular world heritage sites. These sites have been established to preserve and protect nature, history and culture, so that people now and in the future can continue to enjoy and learn about them.
- Understanding how we can look after our world by making some places world heritage sites.
- Considering how and why places are chosen to become world heritage sites.
- Understanding that some places have unique cultural and/or natural features and that they are important to many people.
Curriculum links: Earth science/Geography/Technology
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Fact boxes
- Think about…
- Text boxes
- Did you know?
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Posing questions
- Reading main body of text and accompanying extra information
- Understanding how to read fact files