Title: Keeping Well
ISBN: 978 1 74148 668 1
Topic: Survival and Safety
Middle Primary B/Set 3
Description: Read Keeping Well to find out about health, safety, accidents and illness. You will not only discover how inventions and technology have helped you to stay healthy, but also what you can do to make sure you have a safe and healthy life.
Over time medical inventions and technologies have assisted groups of people to enjoy better health and feel safer in their environments.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Technology
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Fact boxes
- Thinking like a scientist
- Text boxes
- Did you know?
- Cross-section diagrams
- Cartoon illustrations
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Retelling information in their own words
- Using a range of strategies to find relevant information
- Using context to understand new vocabulary
- Identifying ways in which plurals are formed
- Supporting their discussions with evidence from the text