Title: How Animals Communicate
ISBN: 978 1 74148 800 5
Upper Primary/Set 2
Description: Discover the many ways animals convey things to one another without the aid of speech in How Animals Communicate. Find out what scientists are learning about how animals communicate with each other, and whether or not animals really do have their own language.
- Animals have means of communicating with members of their own species and other species.
- The behavior of individual organisms is influenced by internal cues (such as hunger) and by external cues (such as a change in the environment).
- Humans and other organisms have senses that help them detect internal and external cues.
Curriculum links: Natural Science
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact boxes
- Activity box
Reading and thinking strategies
- Activating background knowledge
- Using word identification strategies appropriately and automatically when encountering unknown words
- Critically reflecting and responding to information in the text
- Identifying and discussing different points of view on a topic
- Identify the important information in a passage
- Summarising information
- Posing questions about the text