ISBN: 978 1 74148 660 5
Topic: Tools and Talents
Middle Primary B/Set 1
Description: Read Heroes and be inspired by tales of bravery and courage. Find out about people who are the heroes of myths and people who do extraordinary things to make the world a better place. This book describes different types of heroes, their roles and responsibilities and their achievements.
- Over time, people have called other people heroes for different reasons.
- The attitudes and experiences of men, women and children in the past, and of people with different values and customs can help us understand other times and cultures.
- Some people view other people as significant role models.
Curriculum links: Study of society
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
Text features of this book
- Specialised vocabulary
- Table of contents
- Speech bubbles
- Think about…
- Did you know?
- Thinking like a hero
- Text boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Justifying own interpretation of the text
- Retelling information
- Summarising information
- Recognising and discussing the elements and purposes of different text features