Title: Hand in Hand
ISBN: 978 1 74148 652 0
Topic: Relationships, Roles, Responsibilities
Middle Primary A/Set 2
Description: Have you ever thought about how your community helps you? Hand in Hand will show you the many ways in which community members can support each other. It will tell you how communities work together to bring about change and get things done.
- Understanding how people help one another in their communities and in other parts of the world.
- Exploring how we can work together to promote feelings of safety and security in our communities.
Curriculum links: Study of society
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Specialised vocabulary
- Table of contents
- Think about…
- Thinking like an environmentalist
- Thinking like a journalist
- Did you know?
- Flow chart
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Posing questions
- Reading main body of text and accompanying extra information
- Considering other people’s needs