Title: From Me to You
ISBN: 978 1 74148 802 9
Upper Primary/Set 2
Description: From Me to You is all about personal communication. It explores spoken language, writing and how technological communications evolved so that we can be in contact despite great distances. This book also has tips for keeping safe while using modern communication methods.
- Technology continues to influence and expand ways people access information and communicate with others.
- Technology influences the quality of people’s lives and the ways they act and interact.
- Social needs, attitudes and values influence the direction of technological development.
Curriculum links: Natural Science
Text types in this book
- Historical account
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Think about… boxes
- Activity box
- Different alphabet examples
- Morse code
Reading and thinking strategies
- Reading aloud to make an impact on their audience for example, responding to and recognizing punctuation and sentence structure, pace variation, appropriate pausing and so on
- Reading fluently
- Connecting previous knowledge about a topic to new information in the text
- Relating the text to personal experiences
- Discussing the text and supporting their point of view with evidence from the text
- Researching information