ISBN: 978 1 74148 648 3
Topic: The Nature of Our World
Middle Primary A/Set 1
Description: What makes a family? How many people are there in your family? This book explores the similarities and differences that exist from family to family. Families also explores different ways that families help and support each other in good times and in bad. This book will inspire you to think about your own ancestry, how your family is unique and how your family affects your life.
- There are many different kinds of families – nuclear, extended and blended.
- Families grow and change.
- Each member of a family has different roles and responsibilities.
- Ancestors are people who belong to earlier generations of a family.
Curriculum links: Culture/Study of society
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Reflection questions
- Fact box
- Did you know?
- Family tree
Reading and thinking strategies
- Predicting using photographs and personal knowledge of the topic
- Connecting information in the text with personal experience
- Using all sources of information on the page when reading
- Identifying nouns and proper nouns
- Summarising information in the text