Title: Climate Change
ISBN: 978 1 74148 805 0
Upper Primary/Set 3
Description: Our planet is getting warmer. Read Climate Change to find out what causes this global warming and what happens to the earth as it warms. This book also tells us what governments and individuals can do to reduce our carbon footprint.
- The diversity of living things and their relationship with each other and the environment.
- Earth’s climate is continually changing.
- Scientists measure changes and predict trends.
- Global warming will affect the earth’s climate and will be one of the biggest challenges of this century.
- Actions can be taken to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere.
Curriculum links: Natural science/Study of society
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Activating background knowledge
- Generating questions when reading
- Developing own predictions about text
- Note taking
- Researching information
- Identifying main ideas and supporting details in passages of text