Title: Caring for Animals
ISBN: 978 1 74148 653 7
Topic: Relationships, Roles, Responsibilities
Middle Primary A/Set 2
Description: When you visit the zoo, you can see animals from all over the world. But what you don’t see is all the things people must do to take care of these animals. Caring for Animals will also tell you all about people who work hard to conserve endangered animals with the support of zoos.
- People care for captive, sick or endangered animals in a variety of ways using a range of technologies.
- Conservation programs are important to ensure the survival of some species.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Technology/Natural science
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Question and answer
- Specialised vocabulary
- Activity box
- Fact box
- Think about…
- Did you know?
- Graphic organiser
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Reading timetables and maps
- Explaining how to do something by following instructions
- Understanding cause and effect
- Developing skimming strategies
- Using a range of word identification strategies to construct meaning