Title: Awesome Oceans
ISBN: 978 1 74148 667 4
Topic: Survival and Safety
Middle Primary B/Set 3
Description: The oceans of the world are vital to all life on earth and yet they are places of great mystery. Learn about different parts of the ocean and the plants and animals that live there. Awesome Oceans will challenge you to think about how we can change the way we use the ocean for the better.
- The oceans of the world are vital to all life on earth.
- Many animals live together in the ocean.
Curriculum links: Natural science/Study of society/Technology
Text types in this book
Text features of this book
- Specialised vocabulary
- Table of contents
- Visual Glossary
- Did you know?
- Fact boxes
- Microscopic images
- Cross-section diagrams
- Food web
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Posing questions
- Understanding the use of the table of contents, glossary and index
- Understanding the text layout, that is, what sections to read first
- Reading diagrams, tables, timelines and maps
- Using photographs, diagrams and so on to extend knowledge