Title: Animal Shelters
ISBN: 978 1 74148 663 6
Topic: Homes and Shelters
Middle Primary B/Set 2
Description: Where do polar bears sleep? What about prairie dogs? Do spiders need somewhere to sleep? Read Animal Shelters to find out how animals build or find shelter in their environment in order to survive.
- Understanding that different animals found in different habitats have particular adaptations that help them to live in that habitat.
- How animals found in different habitats are suited to their environment.
Curriculum links: Natural science
Text types in this book
- Report: question and answer
- Report: compare and contrast
- Recount: log
Text features of this book
- Table of contents
- Specialised vocabulary
- Question and answer
- Did you know?
- Thinking like a zoologist
Reading and thinking strategies
- Accessing prior knowledge
- Identifying key information in the text
- Interpreting the information in charts
- Comparing and contrasting information
- Discussing the punctuation marks contained in the text
- Talking with others about difficult or interesting information
- Refining strategies for attacking unknown words