Title: Adventures In Wild Places
ISBN: 978 1 74148 807 4
Upper Primary/Set 3
Description: Find out about places where it is too extreme to live, but adventurers still visit to test their endurance. Some dive deep into oceans, climb high up mountains or explore remote places on Earth. Read about them in Adventures in Wild Places.
- Harsh environments restrict people’s ability to use them long term.
- Some people are challenged to adapt to and survive in these environments.
Curriculum links: Study of society/Natural science/Technology/Health
Text types in this book
- Newspaper report
Text features of this book
- Contents page
- Specialised vocabulary
- Glossary of climbing terms
- Did you know? boxes
- Fact boxes
Reading and thinking strategies
- Making connections between content in different sections of the text
- Recognising and discussing the elements and purposes of different text types
- Comparing and contrasting information